Tuesday, November 23, 2010

'I'm here for good'.

WAYNE ROONEY has told Manchester United fans: 'I'm here for good'.


The striker signed a five-year deal after threatening to leave over concerns about team investment.


Cynics believed the contract was to ensure United got more cash for him when he went in January or the summer. But Rooney said: "I've heard from different people I've agreed a new deal so the club can agree a higher price with a different team somewhere along the line, which is a load of rubbish.


"I've signed a new deal to stay here. My long-term future is here at United.

"I can understand the fans' frustration with the contract negotiations and it happened in the public eye, which made it a little bit more difficult.

"But the main thing for myself and the club is that we managed to agree that deal."

Alex Ferguson has Rooney, 25, in the line-up at Rangers tonight in the Champions League - his first start s




No comments:

Post a Comment