Sunday, October 31, 2010

Schweinsteiger eyes England move

Schweinsteiger eyes England move


Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has revealed his ambition to play for an English club.

The Germany international, who is contracted at Bayern until 2012, has recently been linked to several Premier League sides, including Manchester United and Chelsea.

And 26-year-old Schweinsteiger has admitted his admiration for the English game, even joking United could exchange him for Wayne Rooney.

"I love the kind of speed of the English game but I don't know what will happen with me," Schweinsteiger said in The Sunday Times.

"I have a contract until 2012 and we'll see.

"What I love is the atmosphere in English stadiums. When we played last year in Manchester it was fantastic.

"My brother is a big fan of Man U and he always says, 'Go to Man U, go to Man U.' I say, 'I can't, I can't."

He laughed: "Maybe they can swap me for Rooney."

Schweinsteiger also expressed his appreciation of Chelsea's approach, adding: "I watch the English games on TV and I like the Chelsea style at the moment. They're very strong."

The midfielder admits his relationship with the Bayern fans has not always been good, and says he admires the loyalty of the English supporters.

"For me, in England the fans are better," he added. "When the team give their best, they are not booing.

"It's more like they are fans more with the heart."



fm : SWAP WITH ROONEY, GO FOR IT SIR ALEX

No comments:

Post a Comment